Friday, January 14, 2011

Futility

Every morning I wake up. The alarm on my phone goes off. I hit 'Dimiss' and then I look at the time. I then think "What's the point is going in to work early?" This depresses me. I'm depressed in the morning. I'm a morning person, but I'm depressed because my whole life is futile. There is no purpose. I could go into work, produce a couple of reports, but it's of absolutely no use.

These reports are mostly manipulating numbers differently to fit a different view. There's nothing new, nothing revolutionary, nothing exciting, and mostly it's just lies. This depresses me as well. Fundamentally, I like to believe I'm an honest person. I know what I'm doing is wrong and I keep doing it. I have the holy trinity of issues - guilt, anger and sadness.

I recently have been looking a lot at suicide rates in countries. India and China have fairly high suicide rates. My cousin committed suicide when he was 22 or something. He had a wife and a kid, no one thought he was depressed, but one day they come back, and he'd hung himself. I think I know what that guy was going through. He must've been a thinker. The futility of life must've got him.

4 comments:

  1. you know, i am going thru the same shitty phase in life myself.

    Infact,shittier,I quit my job 2.5 yrs back,got very little savings,stillliving with my parents whom I loathe (since childhood, I have never had arel conversation with them.Whenever i asked for somethingor begged or grovelled, they always said no and ruined my childhood).They forced me into a carrer that was the opposte of what i wanted.
    They have always loved my eleder sister more, she was the "good child"

    Reading u vent makes me feel better.It feels like i am venting

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same commenter here-

    Dnt die on urself man.Hang in there Indian bro.Thngs will get better once residency happens.I believe they will get better for my shitty life (i have postd), so shd happen 4 u 2.

    -Your farway Indian sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Indian sis
    Don't worry, I'm not going to die on myself. The idea of running away from everything and severing all ties however is a daily thought. Living with your parents must be tough.
    What career did they force you into?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insurance.I wanted to be an actor and dancer, I hd opportunities too, but they forced me to let those go.

    ReplyDelete